Eastside Community Builders LLC
A Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO)
Eastside Community Builders was established as Central Baptist’s Community Development Corporation Housing Stabilization Division
- Increasing the amount of housing opportunities while generating revenue through project related fees
- INCREASE THE AVAILABILITY OF HOUSING for Eastside and other Delaware households through planning and partnerships
- ESTABLISH ALTERNATIVE FEE/GRANT SOURCES TO SUPPORT OPERATIONS, SALES AND RENTALS
- EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES TO DEVELOP “SCALE SIZED’ NEIGHBORHOOD BASED REVITALIZATION PROJECTS
- Family Rental Housing Low-Income (30%-50% AMI)
- Low and moderate income homeownership housing (50%-80% AMI
- Company Office Space rehabilitation of its neighborhood headquarters.
- Small household, Empty Nester/Senior Rental Housing
The Lacy’s Project
Through our newly formed Eastside Community Builders LLC, Central Baptist Community Development Corporation has purchased, will rehabilitate and redevelop, a vacant commercial and residential ‘mixed use’ property on the Eastside. The three-story property has nearly 1300 square feet of commercial space on the first floor. The CDC plans to rehabilitate the entire structure and rent out two, 2-bedroom and one, 3-bedroom affordable units to households at or below 50% of the Area Median Income. The three apartments will provide quality housing for residents, help support the project and develop lasting capacity-building in housing and commercial development for the CB CDC. The Wilmington Housing Authority will provide ‘project-based vouchers’ for the units to help ensure affordability since all units are aimed at households at or below 50% AMI.
The commercially zoned ground floor will house a coffee café, which will be WiFi equipped and feature specialty coffee products creating a space to enjoy coffee and community. It will feature, soup, salads and sandwiches as well as pastries and baked goods manufactured by local artisansin a small FDA approved production space which the café will make available for rent. In the back room of the café there will be a small commercial kitchen which will be accessible to local small food service and catering businesses. This Café will partner with coffee manufacturer and marketer Golden Valley Farms to provide training and support for aspiring coffee baristas who are looking to become part of the growing specialty coffee market. It will also bring employment opportunities for community residents. The hope is that the cafe will help fuel other commercial interests to invest in the Eastside Community