As the produce assistant, you will report to the produce manager. A produce assistant is expected to represent Urban Acres Produce in a professional and friendly manner. The assistant will create a positive relationship and generate produce business. They are expected to provide needed assistance for healthy choices to customers and encourage a healthier way of living.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of primary job duties and responsibilities. These primary job duties and responsibilities are subject to change as determined by the Produce Director.
- Comply with all rules and regulations established in the Central Baptist CDC employees manual
- Responsible for setting up stand signs and produce when Produce Stand Manager is unavailable.
- Manage the EBT machines and other money transactions when needed.
- Responsible for stocking clean fresh produce.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for price signs to be updated daily as needed.
- Making sure produce is displayed and stocked at all times.
- Ability to handle large volumes of customers in a timely and friendly manner.
- Process customer orders in an accurate and professional manner.
- Identify and dispose of all produce that is not suitable for sale.
Qualified Candidates Should Have:
- Good communication skills (i.e. written and oral)
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Computer skills (working knowledge)
- Some produce knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Detailed oriented and organization skills.
- Work well with others.
- Essential math skills.
This position will require outside working conditions all summer long. Setting up the tent, banners and price lists. Keep the area clean and organized and refilling stock.
Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time inside or outside.
If you are interested in the position, email your resume to Mike Minor.
Include “Urban Acres Produce Assistant” in the subject line.